Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Can healthy couples have fertility problems?
Sometimes infertility affects healthy couples. It may be due to their biological incompatibility or, which is more frequent, immunological incompatibility. It’s known as idiopathic infertility. It can be detected through some specific tests and cured with the help of Assisted Reproduction Techniques.
Many idiopathic infertility cases are believed to be a psychological disorder related to family or sexual relations, or caused by the subconscious refusal of a woman to have a baby. In this case the psychologist’s consultation is required.
What are medical indications to surrogacy?
Medical indications to surrogacy are required only if a surrogacy program is implemented in Russia.
1. Absence of uterus (congenital or acquired).
2. Deformation of uterine cavity or cervix due to congenital uterine pathologies or diseases.
3. Incurable intrauterine synechiae.
4. Extra-genital and genital pathologies due to which it’s impossible or contraindicated to bear a baby.
5. Numerous negative IVF attempts.
In what countries is surrogacy legal?
- A list of countries is rather long. But LifeBridge Agency realizes programs exclusively in the countries where the legislation is in favor of surrogacy and there are legal guarantees: EUA, Rusia.
How is a country for a surrogacy program selected?
The selection of a country to realize a surrogacy program has to be based on the effective laws in this country. Whether you are a heterosexual or a homosexual couple, a single man or a single woman, we can offer you one or another destination, always taking into account what suits your case best.
Our consultants and lawyers can help you select the most optimal destination.
Can we select the sex of the baby?
- In the US, where we implement surrogacy programs, it’s allowed to perform sex selection with the help of PGD technique (Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis) without any medical indications to it. However, in Russia you have to have medical indications to do it.